Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Rainy day projects

The rain is pounding down.
Two plus inches in the rain gauge.  
A great excuse to stay inside and do "projects". 

Dish scrubbies.  
Crocheted out of boat line. 
These little hummers should last forever. 
Much better than a sponge or a store bought scrubby. 
They take about 10 minutes to make.

Cotton washcloths.  
I haven't crocheted in awhile, so good practice.  
They finish up fast, and if I make a mistake, it doesn't matter.  
They are, after all, just washcloths.


   A "never-ending" scarf. About 1/3 finished. 
A much larger project. 
I got a little bored, began messing with the stitch pattern.  
If it doesn't turn out, 
more scrubbies and washcloths?

2 comments:

  1. What is boat line? Do you have a pattern for the scrubbies? Would you be willing to share? I hate the store bought ones; they always fall apart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, I would be happy to share the pattern. I will mail it to you with a sample of the boat line which is available at hardware stores.

    ReplyDelete