Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Colors of Summer

Rock garden with sedums and other plants that need little water. 
Jack tore down part of the wall yesterday.  
Caught a mouse in the wall.  One gulp.

Best Sweet Peas I have ever grown.  
Right by the front porch, I throw the grey water  from the kitchen sink on them.   
Recently have been collecting the grey water rather than letting it run down the drain.  
I am amazed and ashamed at how often I need to empty the 2.5 gallon collection container.

Day Lillies.  I love this dark brownish red color.  

Cone Flowers/Echinachea.  The color of ripe tomatoes.  Yummy.

Sedums are  all in bloom.  
The bees -honey, bumble, and small native - love them.  
Walk outside and you can hear the rumble and buzz of hundreds of bees.

Guest house (Just goofing!)


Walnut trees have a lot of nuts.  
Will they have the time to mature?
 Last year we had no nuts. None. Nada.
 The year before that we had enough to commercially dry and market.  Go figure.
Bluebabies are doing well.  
Parents are starting to build a second nest.  

The early blueberries are ripe.  
Picked 6 quarts this morning.

Perhaps I will make some blueberry chutney.

Yarrow


Thanks for taking a walk around the yard with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment