Monday, July 11, 2011

The Week In Black and White

Wow!  It has been a week since last post.  Where did those 7 days go?  I remember Gramma saying that time went faster as you got older.  I thought that was a pretty crazy idea when I was nine.  Not so anymore.  So here is this past week in pictures.
This week has been all about hay! 
Selling hay in a glutted market is not easy.  Fortunately it is really good hay, so people who have come for one ton have come back to buy a second or third ton.

The book in hand?  A Pacific Northwest Wildflower book.
Jack wears himself out looking for mice under every bale.
Pallets waiting in the barn for hay

Besides hay........
There are moles to be caught.....

Laundry to be hung.....

Baby bluebirds to be fledged (probably within the next 3 days)......

Flower beds to be weeded.....

Veggie barrels to be tended....

And nests to be shared.
I found this very dainty little nest out in the lawn.  I don't think it had been used.  Maybe blown out of a  tree by a gust of wind.  It is made out of very fine dry grass and Jackson's hair.  We found one last year made with Libby's hair.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Marilyn, and the picture of Sid says it all. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate your post!!! Makes me feel like a lazy slug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is me ...back again.......
    I love every picture in this post.........

    (just had to tell you again)

    ReplyDelete