Thursday, March 22, 2012

Snow is not a sign of spring

Bluebirds are a sign of spring, which began on Tuesday.
Right?

Pussywillows are a sign of spring, which began on Tuesday.
Right?

Bluebirds huddled in a snowy tree.  Not a sign of spring.


It just seems wrong!

I went out and emptied the bluebird box of last year's nest, so the bluebirds would have a clean place to start building this year's nest.  Now I feel bad.  It must have been really cold for them last night without the additional nest padding.  I'll go out to the barn and get some hay for them to cuddle into tonight.

 Strawberries and rhubarb are sitting in the garage waiting to be planted, but it snowed all day yesterday and then this morning again, so that won't be happening for awhile.

The snow is beautiful. But I want it to go away!  
Let's get on with spring.


1 comment:

  1. You're right. Snow is definitely NOT a sign of spring. Wish I could trade you some for all the weeds I've been pulling out of my neglected garden beds...

    ReplyDelete