Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Owyhee River!

Just back from floating the Owyhee River which is in 
Eastern-Almost-Idaho Oregon. 
Beautiful, steep canyons.  
Sometimes called the Grand Canyon of the West. 
Owyhee River Canyon-Where we saw big horn sheep grazing the hillside.
Owyhee River-The Green Dragon Canyon.
Owyhee River - Camping under an overhanging ledge.
The only night that it rained.
 These pictures don't begin to capture the beauty of the area. I only took a few pictures.  Didn't want to take pictures from the raft.  Dropping the camera overboard would not be good .  Lots of class three rapids, just enough for fun, but not too dangerous.  Lots of wildlife, lots of birds.

Rafting the Owyhee!  
I don't keep a "bucket list", but if I did, this would be on it.

3 comments:

  1. Looks amazing. What a beautiful place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful area that I didn't know about. I may have to go check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Owyhee area is one of the places where there was a raging fire this summer. I am so glad that we went when we did. Fortunately, nature has a way of healing itself, so its beauty and health will return.

    ReplyDelete