Sunday, May 26, 2013

Home again, home again...

After a week away, it always feels good to come home.
So much changes in a week.
More weeds.
Grass in major need of mowing.
I look around and see work.
But its my work, and I choose it.

I choose the weeds and the dirt over panty hose and paper, 
the color of iris over the taupe of cubicle walls,
rain, wind and sunshine over air-conditioned buildings with windows that cannot be opened.

I choose gardens, home-grown vegetables, stained knees, and dirty fingernails.
I am so lucky that I have the option.
All the bearded iris bulbs were a wedding present from Uncle Ralph and Fran.
Iris from Walster Way Iris Garden: Maltby, Washington
Reminds me of a creamsicle
One of my favorites
 Russian iris. (Not from Uncle Ralph)
Peas!
Strawberries!
Good to be home!

1 comment:

  1. Beautifil iris........
    Gramma would be so happy to see
    the iris at your farm.
    There is a sign out front of Walsterway....says "last season....retirement". Maybe you will have to be the "keeper of the iris".

    ReplyDelete