Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Let's take a walk!

In spite of the rain and the cold, most every day we take the dogs and walk through the woods.  Sometimes I just want to stay in a warm house and sink into my winter (still feels like winter) lethargy.  "You take the dogs!" I say.  I have things to do.  Important things.  Work that must be accomplished immediately.  "You take the dogs!"

And then I look at Libby's face.  She really doesn't want to go without me.  And I look at Jackson, who gets so excited when we all go together.  And then I take a look at Mr. Shoulder to the Grindstone, and I say, "Hey, let's go!"  And never, never, never, am I sorry that all my so-very-important stuff is set aside so that we can take a walk in the woods.



"It is not so much for its beauty that the forest makes a claim upon men's hearts
as for the subtle something, that quality of air that emanation from old trees,
that so wonderfully changes and renews a weary spirit" -Robert Louis Stevenson

2 comments:

  1. Great Picture of Mr. STTG (AKA: Sid)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you recognize the setting of the picture? That would be Moose Creek, River, Whatever in Montana.

    ReplyDelete