Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy May Day!

Wow!  We have sunshine.  It might even get to 60 plus degrees today.  Yeah!

Had breakfast in the sunroom and counted 18 different kinds of birds this morning.

My new favorite is a yellow rumped warbler.  There is a pair of them, so we are hoping that they are nesting somewhere close by.  Very pretty little birds about half the size of the western bluebird.

I love May Day.  I think I will go pick some flowers, leave them on a doorstep, ring the bell and run away.  My sisters and I did that every May Day.  And Megan and Spencer carried on the tradition when they were growing up.  So Happy May Day!  I think I hear your door bell ringing!

1 comment:

  1. That was so much fun!! You are bringing back memories and making me smile. Here's one for you............last night I was trying to figure out designs for the cement stepping stones I want to make and I remembered Ms. Kilen and her wobbly bumpy cement path she so proudly created by herself in her "older" age.
    OMG.....I am now Ms. Kilen!!!

    ReplyDelete