Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I am back!

Another virus on my computer, so another running it into McMinnville for a few days.  I took it to a different computer fix-it company.  Something I did not know:  If something pops up that could be a virus, or anything that looks suspect pops up, use "task manager" to close it down.  Never click on the X (close) within the pop up, it actually opens and embeds the virus rather than closing it down.  So, my new best friend is "task manager".   I just wish that the previous computer fix-it company would have told me to use task manager. Of course, it greatly benefits them if my computer gets a virus once a month or so.

With all the rain and cold, we don't have our garden tilled.  Not sure when/if it will happen.  So rather than be dependent upon tilling that cold clay soil, we are going to plant at least part of our garden in raised beds.  I am getting several wine barrels from Winter's Hill (the winery where I work) to plant in.  Should be an interesting experiment.  I will take pictures as we go.

Have any of you seen wine barrels used as raised beds?  I have seen barrels as planters for flowers, but not anything as ambitious as I have in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment