Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Presbyterian Rummage Sale

Okay, here is where I admit to total disfunction, or a life truly lacking in substance.  Have your pick.
But tomorrow is one of my favorite days of the year.   

Tomorrow is the Presbyterian Church of McMinnville's Annual Rummage Sale.  It is so much fun, and so sweet.  The ladies of the church make pies and the men of the church serve coffee.  It is obvious that they all look forward to their rummage sale as much as I do.

Last year's bounty included an old, in perfect condition 1950's Kitchen Aid mixer and bowl for Megan's kitchen.  Some beautiful and never-been-used cloth napkins and table cloths from Paris.  Canning jars with new lids and rings.  Some wine racks that look like they were made out of kids building blocks.  Luscious Pendleton wool fabric. A sweet old wooden card table. 

Even Mr. Shoulder-to-the-Grindstone has me keep an eye out for farm stuff.  "We could use some staplers/staples  for putting the tree protectors together, and we still need some half-inch fencing for the blueberry corral." 

As for me, I am open to whatever serendipitous stuff should come my way.  I have no idea what prizes await this year, but I will be there early tomorrow morning to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment