Sunday, June 17, 2012

From my window....

A few pics, all except the mallow, taken from my stufio 
window this morning.....


(Stufio: not a type-o, but a hybrid office/studio combination)


My new favorite flower.  
This little beauty is a native mallow, not sure what kind.
Sometimes found along the road in the county right-of-way, 
I had often seen it and wondered what it was.
It looks somewhat like a hollyhock, only bushy.
 Soil and Water Conservation District gave us some native starts a couple of years ago.
 This was one of them.  
It has been blooming for about four weeks now, and still has lots of new buds.
I love it. I want more!
Native Oregon Mallow
Native Oregon Mallow
We have been seeing a lot of cow elk lately.
However, this morning the bulls were hanging out.
Heard a bull bugle two nights ago.  
Elk browsing in the daisies this morning.
Last time I checked there were 5 eggs in the blue bird box.
I know that they have hatched because we see the adults
taking in the food, and carrying out the poop sacks.  
(Genetically modified human beings that  pooped in sacks like the bluebirds do might be a worthy scientific endeavor.)
Tempted to go see how they are doing.
However, with all the hay work going on right beside their little house,
I am thinking that they are under enough stress
Bluebird Momma
The whole valley is working overtime today, 
trying to get the hay in before it rains.
Hay Down! Rain Coming!
Yeah, the garden is in & growing.
Everything looks really good this year

Happy Sunday.  Happy Fathers' Day.

1 comment:

  1. The flowers remind me of cosmos. They are lovely. Wow! Y'all are busy...

    ReplyDelete