Sunday, June 3, 2012

Male or female?????

Been awhile since I posted, but couldn't resist sharing my pictures from this morning.....

Here is the newest bird I have seen.  An acorn woodpecker.  I was sitting in a park waiting for Libby to get her hair done, when these little woodpeckers showed up.  I had never seen one before.

Female Acorn Woodpecker
Female Acorn Woodpecker
Male Acorn Woodpecker
So can you figure out the difference between the male and female?
Without googling?  Just by looking at the pictures!

(Reminds me of picture games where you locate the differences between the two pictures.)

2 comments:

  1. I am guessing that the female has bangs and the male has the full red cap. Judging from what you talk about and your photos, I don't think you live that far from me. I am guessing somewhere in Washington.

    ReplyDelete