Thursday, January 20, 2011

Oh my, A Bobcat!

I love this place.  We go from an endangered yellow-billed loon yesterday to a bobcat this morning.  Sid woke me up this morning with "Bobcat......bobcat by the walnut trees."  And what was really weird is that even though we haven't seen any bobcats for a year or so,  yesterday I said, " Sid, it feels like a bobcat day today."  I think I am bobcat psychic.  So here are a couple of pics (of the 60 or so) from last year's bobcat. 

When I first spotted him, he was out by the barn.  I thought he was a big kitty.

By the garden.  His markings are beautiful.

I think he is posing for me.  He certainly knew I was around.

I have lots of pictures of him bathing, but this is the one that I like best.

What a great way to start the day!  A bobcat with my coffee.

1 comment:

  1. Mom, Paulette, asked if the bobcat would hurt Jack and Libby. I think that, given the option, the bobcat would always run away, would rather not tangle with the dogs. However, backed into a corner, the bobcat could do some heavy damage.

    ReplyDelete