Tuesday, January 4, 2011

So cold!

As I told Gayle, "Yes, it is fricking cold here, too.  18 degrees the last couple of nights.  I want to go get some filbert shells, but the thought of tying down a cover tarp in this weather would make my balls freeze..... if I had any."

A totally different subject.

Here is a picture that I have promised to share! Last fall Sid and I drove to the Valley of the Giants, a patch of old growth fir in the coastal range, and we found a giant cauliflower mushroom.  So big that we could not pack it all out, we probably left a third of it.  We estimated that the total weight was probably close to 40 pounds.  That's right a 40 pound mushroom.  ONE mushroom, so here are the parts of it that we were able to pack out.

Is that unreal?  We gave a lot of it away, saute'ed and froze the rest of it.  Not only large, but really tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment